Swear to God last week I ordered the following five books:
- Going Rogue by Gov. Sarah Palin
- The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich von Hayek
- The Fatal Conceit: the Errors of Socialism by Friedrich von Hayek
- Socialism by Ludwig von Mises
- Liberalism by Ludwig von Mises
Going Rogue is a delightful book, but I have to admit, the other four are tougher sledding. I want to understand the school of economic thought at the foundation of Gov. Palin’s Commonsense Conservatism since I’m going to be writing about her more. After all, her economic approach to governing does have a distinguished pedigree.
And with boom-and-bust cycles under discussion in the video above, this is a good place to include a video Moe Lane featured in a post on Jan. 18, which explains how the Community Reinvestment Act passed under Carter and amended under Clinton created so many of the conditions causing our current economic crisis — a boom and bust, if you will: