The Daily Kos and Democratic Underground have outed Kevin DuJan as the owner of the blog, Hill Buzz. They are smearing him with the false charge that that he is a racist. They are urging their readers to destroy his career and attack him physically. (I’m not linking them, but you can verify this by Googling. Instead, I suggest you read Hill Buzz here.)
The Right blogosphere should rally to the aid of DuJan and Hill Buzz, as he has tirelessly rallied to ours with dozens of posts teaching Republicans how to campaign effectively and supporting Republicans, including Gov. Sarah Palin and now Sen.-elect Scott Brown. If you are not familiar with Hill Buzz, here is a wonderful sample post — they are observing the first anniversary of Obama’s inauguration with the thank-you letter they wrote to Pres. George W. Bush last year.
In my transition from lifelong Democrat and liberal during the presidential campaign in 2008, I started reading blogs so I would be able to explain to my Democrat friends that I had legitimate reasons for supporting McCain/Palin. STOP LAUGHING!!! Since I was briefly a Hillary PUMA, I read PUMA blogs and liked Hill Buzz the best. I began to read Hill Buzz every day some time in September or October of 2008. I assure my gentle readers, Kevin DuJan and the rest of the Hill Buzz boyz are not racists. They oppose racial entitlement and racial grievance hate-mongering. That is not racism.
Hill Buzz is written by a group of gay men in Chicago who began the blog in early 2008 as part of their efforts on behalf of Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Thanks to experiencing the dirty tricks of the Obama campaign up close and personal during the primaries, as soon as the Democratic nomination was stolen from Hillary, they became supporters of John McCain. They blogged, campaigned, phonebanked and donated money for McCain/Palin with unbounded zeal and passion.
Now Kevin DuJan and Hill Buzz need our support. We MUST push back against FALSE charges of racism because Lefties will use it to destroy innocent people as long as it keeps working. Certainly if we do not hang together on this, we will hang separately.
What are the best ways to express your support? Here are some suggestions:
- Bloggers can write posts in support of Kevin Dujan and Hill Buzz and link to Hill Buzz posts.
- I’m encouraging Kevin to write an e-book collecting his posts teaching Republicans how to campaign and fight Democratic dirty tricks, plus his posts on the Hill Buzzers’ experiences of Obama’s dirty tricks during the primaries. I suggested he sell it for $24.95, but offer it for $19.95 to people who buy it in advance of its publication. So, if you want to vote with your wallet, please go to Hill Buzz and click the “Donate” button and donate at least $19.95 with a note that you would like a copy of his e-book, if he does write it (if not, please just let it be a donation — he’s losing clients as a result of these false charges).
- I’m also encouraging Kevin to accept that these attacks destroying his current livelihood are calling him to a new career on a national stage as an author and motivational speaker. He is a professional writer. He has great insights, especially for the 2010 campaign. His books could be best-sellers. I bet his speeches would bring you to your feet cheering yourself hoarse. So if you are a literary agent, publisher or need a speaker for your event (and you pay your speakers), contact Kevin at hillbuzz at gmail.com. (The contact e-mail is published at Hill Buzz.)
Update, 1/21/2010, Thurs.:
Thanks for the link, Instapundit! And welcome, Instapundit readers!
Update, 23/2010, Sat.
I thank the following bloggers for posting, linking, tweeting and re-tweeting this post and standing up for Kevin DuJan and Hill Buzz — if I missed anyone, please leave a comment and I will add you:
- Instapundit, aka Prof. Glenn Reynolds
- Michelle Malkin, who knows what these attacks are like due to her courage as a pioneer in calling out racial grievance mongering: “You know you are getting to these Kossacks and Moveon.org-anisms when they start coming after you”
- Prof. William Jacobson of Legal Insurrection, for making this a “Post of the Day”
- Dear Little Miss Attila, my fairy blog mother and a staunch friend of Hill Buzz: “Go Help the Guys at Hill Buzz”
- Sissy Willis of SISU — she and Prof. Jacobson were the first two bloggers who went to work using social media to support the candidacy of Scott Brown in Massachusetts — read this awesome post on using social media
- Kathy Shaidle, another fearless opponent of the enslaving and bullying tactics of identity politics — who is paid by the amount of traffic she gets (hint, hint): “Hey, stop me if you’ve heard this one!”
- Gay Patriot: “Stand with Hill Buzz”
- Conservatives4Palin: “Stand up for Hill Buzz”
- Shakey Pete’s Shootin’ Shack — blogroll and bookmark and subscribe to this blog, I REALLY recommend it, and Pete is a great friend and frequent commenter here: “A Friend is Attacked, Unfairly”
- Dan Riehl of Riehl World View has an excellent post with a link to Stacy McCain: “Hill Buzz versus whomever.” Charges like this are tried periodically on Stacy. When it happened in September 2009, I was one of the first to stand up for Stacy, which is how I learned that we really can make tactics like these feel like spitting into the wind for the Left — soon they were whining about how many bloggers were vouching for him!
- Life in 3D: “Smear Merchants”
- Moose and Squirrel: “Driving the snakes out of Washington”
- Irons in the Fire: “Just a Few Things to Note This Morning”
- Death by a 1,000 Paper Cuts: “Hill Buzz threatened by Kos and Dummie Underground”
- iChannel (a news aggregator)
- And all the re-tweets on Topsy.com.
And thank you to Kevin and the dear boyz at Hill Buzz for their kind thank-you post today — since I am old enough to be their mother, I am touched that they called me “a big sister” to them, instead!
I also am grateful to my dear gentle readers, old and new, who came here to read this post. In addition, I am grateful to the readers who donated to Hill Buzz and to me. I’ve gotten a P.O. box so I can send out real thank-you notes to all my donors, but it may be several weeks before I have things around the house well enough in hand to send them. I appreciate your generosity, kindness and patience.
Updated, 1/23/2010, Sat.:
Here’s an example of how to publish a book based on your blog posts: Dan Collins of POWIP has a new book, Was It Something I Said?
Updated, 1/29/2010, Fri.: Thanks for the link, Joe.My.God. — the reason most of the wingnut sites are pointing to this post is because I was the first blogger to take up my terrible, swift pixels on behalf of Kevin and Hill Buzz. I’m looking forward to Leftie gay and lesbian bloggers doing more to hold Obama and the Democrats to their promises of repealing DADT and DOMA. Set some deadlines, for example, and list what will happen if they are not met cheerfully and promptly.