… and Little Miss Attila on WHY Letterman should be fired for his rape jokes about Sarah Palin’s 14-year-0ld daughter:
This is American Sharia, assholes. The practitioners of Sharia in Muslim countries are at least consistent in their contempt for women and in their practice of gender apartheid: you, on the other hand, want sexual slavery for some women in this country; others, whose opinions you prefer, can live in relative peace and freedom. You will allow it.
If you are giving women and girls the “gift” of not being badgered for being female, and threatened with misogyny and sexual assault, they are not truly free-only living in a state of grace, contingent upon performing the right tricks, spouting leftist verbiage like seals at Sea World, balancing balls on their noses in the hopes of getting fish thrown into their mouths.
And any woman who doesn’t understand this fundamental truth about the misogynists living among them could be in for a rude awakening at any point, because that attitude will infect those who harbor it.
Sebastian Gray at HillBuzz has the best instructions on how to get the attention of big corporations and persuade them to do the right thing. I know, because I used to have to fight battles like that for my late life partner all the time (she was quadriplegic the last 10 years of her life due to multiple sclerosis). I only have these points to add:
- The reason that you always cc at least two persons above the person you are writing to is to make sure your original target is afraid to discard or bury your complaint. They will have to explain to their boss what they are doing to handle your request. And the first boss has to explain to his boss. And so on.
- If you call the company, always be polite.
- If the company stonewalls you, ask to talk to the supervisor of the person doing the stonewalling, and/or get the name and contact info (phone, fax, e-mail, street address) of both the stonewaller and his or her supervisor. Follow up with e-mails, faxes and letters.
- Follow the money: when you are wondering whom to contact, always ask yourself who has control of their money or income stream.
- Follow the power: of whom are they afraid? For example, liberal newspapers probably will protect Letterman, but he won’t have any defense against viral e-mails with links of the companies to contact to get him fired, or YouTube videos, or better yet, viral e-mails with links to YouTube videos calling for Letterman to be fired and/or lampooning him.
I never thought Letterman was funny and I’m glad to see some of the rest of the world is catching up.
H/T to Jimmy Bise at The Sundries Shack for his selection of Little Miss Attila’s quote in his apt piece, “So, My Leftist Friends, Rape Jokes Are in Play Now?“